Have had a fantastic time. The Cottage was well equipped and spotless. High Croft and surroundings are beautiful. Sad to leave after our 3 day stay. Will definately plan to come again. Thank you. D & D T plus family Manchester (Ref: High Croft April 2013)
Cumbrian Holiday Cottages Booking Conditions
Great Salkeld PENRITH Cumbria CA11 9NA
Cumbrian Holiday Cottages Booking Conditions
1. Provisional bookings can be made by telephone or email but must be confirmed with a completed Booking Form with in seven days of the provisional reservation.
2. Your deposit for each week booked must accompany the Booking Form. The balance is payable not later than 30 days prior to your date of arrival. Deposits £150.00 for Garth Cottage and £100.00 all other cottages per week booked. Short Breaks £50.00 deposit.
3. Upon payment of the deposit and acceptance of the booking the guest becomes liable for the balance of the cost of the stay for the full period booked. In the event of a booking being cancelled the proprietor will endeavour to obtain another booking and if successful will refund all monies recieved for the replacement booking, less 10% of the total cost of the original stay, to cover readvertising and disbursements.
4. A charge of £10.00 will be made in respect of any payment returned unpaid.
5. The Proprietor reserves the right to cancel or alter the booking arrangements. In the event of a cancellation the Proprietor shall only be liable for the return of any monies received.
6. Single sex groups must be advised at the time of booking. The number of occupants of the property must not exceed the number stated on the booking form unless prior written approval has been obtained.
7. Smoking is not permitted in the cottages.We regret Pets are not allowed in the cottages and if brought onto Wetheral Cottage’s grounds must be kept on a lead at all times.
8. Cottages will be available on the day of arrival from 3.00pm and must be vacated no later than 10.00 am on the day of departure.
9. The guest undertakes to keep the cottage and its contents in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the holiday and also to leave the property in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. The proprietors should be compensated for any damage, breakage’s which occur or any specialist cleaning required (fair ware and tear excepted).
10. The proprietor accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to personal possessions or personal accident other than that resulting from the proprietors negligence.
11. The Guests right to occupy the property is limited to a right of occupation for holiday purposes and such right shall terminate at 10.00am on the final day of the holiday.
12. The Proprietor reserves the right to demand the withdrawal, without notice, any person whose conduct in the opinion of the Proprietor, is prejudicial to the well-being of other guests.
An additional supplement of £10.00 per person is payable for any reservation starting or ending on a Sunday, unless the reservation is for 8 days or more.
A Good Housekeeping Deposit of £50.00 per cottage is payable, in the following circumstances:
A). When two or more cottages are reserved by the same or connected guests.
B). When cottages are reserved for periods of less than 6 days, by parties of 6 or more persons. Within seven days of departure the Good Housekeeping Deposit will be refunded in full providing the cottage (or Cottages) is vacated in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found (as per Condition 9). The Good Housekeeping Deposit should be paid not later than 28 days prior to your arrival date. If booking date is less than 28 days prior to arrival
then the Good Housekeeping deposit becomes payable with the rent.
14. “The Proprietor” means D & T Rogers.
15. “The Guest” means the person making the booking or the person staying on who's behalf the reservation was made.
Holiday (Cancellation) Insurance
It is not generally realised that reservation constitutes a legal contract. In the event of cancellation the person making the reservation is still legally liable to pay for the accommodation. If you are not already covered by an annual Holiday Insurance or similar policy we therefore strongly advise you to seek Cancellation Insurance to cover your financial commitments.
Had a lovely 5 day Break here in Mickledale Cottage. It was cosy, calm and peaceful, beautiful scenery, good places to visit, everyone very friendly. Would definately return again, "Highly Recommended" G & C J London (Ref: Mickledale March 2013)
Each cottage has a warm, cosy atmosphere, which reflects the considerable thought that has gone in to giving the properties their individual charm and character.
Well, it’s taken us 13 years to get here and great to see John and Linda again, as we are two old*** customers from their days at The Ravensworth Hotel in Keswick! We knew that the standard would be excellent and scrupulously clean. Thanks for a great stay – lovely peaceful location, lovely comfy property. It will not be another 13 years before you see us again! J & D S Leeds (Ref: Mickledale Cottage August 2013) *** I think the writer should have used the word "ex" not "old" as J & D are by no means old! Good to see you both again John & Linda